- About us
- What we do
- News & recognition
- Insights & ideas
- Global reach
- Join us
Internship, Healthcare - New York
Location: New York, NY, United States
Cohn & Wolfe, a global public relations firm, is seeking ahighly creative, motivated candidate with an interest in public relations to work as a Healthcare Intern in our New York office.
We are looking for a team player who can deliver results and is not afraid to think outside of the box. The ideal candidate will demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills, as well as strong research and analytical skills. He/she must be detail-oriented, resourceful, and able to multi-task and prioritize under deadlines. A solid working knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint is required and an interest in public relations, marketing, and corporate communications is a must.
This is a paid position and all candidates must be available to work full-time (approx 40 hours per week) for a 3-6 month contract beginning immediately.
Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Write and distribute basic materials including pitch letters, news releases, backgrounders, fact sheets, bios, newsletters, prepared remarks, and standby statements
- Create and maintain media lists and handle routine media inquiries
- Monitor media to report coverage that affects the Client’s business
- Handle basic research of Client’s business and industry to maintain a current knowledge base
- Develop relationships with external audiences (media, third-party constituencies, etc.) to convey the Client’s message
- Help secure media interviews and coordinate specific events and promotions for the Client(s)
- Assist in account administration duties such as billing and activity reports
- Work with internal service departments, external vendors, news media, other Ad/PR agencies and other account staff members at Cohn & Wolfe to service the Client(s)
- You must be a Senior or recent graduate who can work 40 hours per week
- Healthcare PR or PR agency internship background preferred, not required
- Basic understanding and interest of the field of public relations
- Proficiency with Microsoft, PowerPoint and Excel as well as social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram)
- Experience using media monitoring tools (Cision, Radian6, Gorkana, Vocus, etc.) is a plus
Cohn & Wolfe is a strategic public relations agency dedicated to creating, building and protecting the world’s most prolific and successful brands. With offices around the world, the agency is committed to breaking new ground in the delivery of cross-channel media strategies, creative programming, and practice area excellence. We are recognized year after year by clients and the industry for excellence in creativity, client service, digital communications, media strategy, senior management and strategic counsel. For more information, visit: www.cohnwolfe.com. Cohn & Wolfe is part of WPP Group plc, one of the world’s largest communications services group.
If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, please send your resume and cover letter to Sarah Anolik at email@example.com with “Healthcare PR Intern” as the subject line.
Cohn & Wolfe is an Equal Opportunity Employer.